Kwicks for jQuery (v1.5.1)
Welcome to the Kwicks for jQuery home page. Kwicks for jQuery is a plugin providing sexy sliding panels with an emphasis on navigational interaction. Kwicks was originally a port of a MooTools effect (of the same name), but has since evolved into a highly configurable and versatile UI component. Please check out the examples to see it in action.
Kwicks follows the usual jQuery plugin convention:
View the configuration options below, and be sure to check out the examples to see them in use.
Important styling information: Please note that in order to provide the smoothest possible animations, the following style changes are made by the script:
- All panels are converted to absolute positioning.
- Margins on the panels are stripped, but the spacing option is respected through absolute positioning.
- The height of the containing ul tag is set to match the height of the panels.
- The width of the containing ul tag is set to match the width and spacing of all the panel elements combined.
- Even though the panels' margins are stripped, in order for them to look correct in non-JS enabled browsers, they should still be given margins that correspond to the spacing option (if any). I strongly recommend that you look at the commented css file contained in the Kwicks example.
Lastly, note that the "active" (expanded/expanding) panel is given an extra class of "active". This allows for more flexible styling based on the state of the panel.